An air source heat pump (ASHP) is a type of renewable energy system that can be used to heat your home and provide hot water. It works by extracting heat from the outside air and transferring it into your home to heat it.
It’s worth mentioning that the efficiency of an air source heat pump will depend on the ambient temperature, it’s not suitable for extremely cold climates. Furthermore, an air sourced heat pump may not be suitable for every household, so you should consider your specific heating needs, the size and layout of your home, and the age of your property.
As Air Sourced Heat Pump installers, we can help you understand whether or not your home is suitable for the installation of an Air Sourced Heat Pump. We have other products that might be more suitable to help with heating at a lower cost
Why should you consider purchasing and installing an Air Sourced Heat Pump?
- High efficiency: ASHPs can be up to 300% more efficient than traditional fossil fuel heating systems, which can help you save money on your heating bills. Not to mention the environmental benefits of not using fossil fuels!
- Low Carbon emissions: ASHPs do not produce any emissions, making them a clean and sustainable option that can help you reduce your carbon footprint.
- Space Efficient: ASHPs require far less space than a Ground Sourced Heat Pump.
- Low maintenance: ASHPs require little maintenance, making them a convenient and hassle-free option for homeowners.
- Flexibility: ASHPs can be combined with other renewable technologies or be used as part of a hybrid heating system.
- Compatible with Solar: If you’ve taken the decision to invest in a solar system for your home or business then you could be even more eco-efficient by using your solar energy to power your ASHP.
The cost of an air source heat pump (ASHP) in the UK can vary depending on a number of factors, including the size of the system required, the specific model and brand, and any additional installation costs.
A rough estimate for the cost of an ASHP in the UK can be from £7,000 to £14,000 for a standard domestic system, including installation costs, however this can change with the different size and model. We can offer finance on your Air Sourced Heat Pump if that is an option you would wish to consider.
Get a FREE, No Obligation Quote!
Fill out the ‘Get My Quote’ form and one of our Air Source Heat Pump experts will be in touch shortly.